Basic things you need to take care of in your template, think of this as kind of a checklist.
1. Clone the template
2. Enable the jQuery in your portal
- Go to Settings > Website > Pages. Scroll down until you see the jQuery section. Make sure that the "Include jQuery" option is checked. If not then check it and under the JQuery version select 1.11.x. and hit save.
- Below that uncheck "Load HubSpot's included jQuery from you footer" option.
3. Make sure that the stylesheets are attached with the template
Usually when you purchase the template, the stylesheets are already attached by default but in some cases they aren't attached so just make sure that everything is good.
- Open HubSpot and go to Marketing > Files & Template > Design Tools
- Open the template you've purchased — for example "Awwal - Modern Blog Listing Template" (Just search the name on the left sidebar)
- Now on the right panel, under Head and body option section, you should see the linked stylesheets. If styles are attached there like in the screenshot below ignore the next steps. If styles aren't there follow the next steps.
- Click Add
- Search for the stylesheet and select it (Stylesheet name will be same as your template example "Awwal_Modern_Blog_Listing_Template.css" or awwal)
- Now search carousal.css and select it (If your blog template doesn't have a carousel slider ignore this)
- Click the publish changes button
4. Email subscription module
- Open HubSpot and go to Marketing > Files & Template > Design Tools and open your template
- Find the "Blog Email Subscription" module and select it (See the screenshot below)
3. Scroll down on the right panel and select your blog there. Whatever blog you select here, user will be subscribed to that blog when they submit their info.
4. Click the Publish changes button.
If you're planning on sending out a notification to sFollow this article and setup your blog subscriptions - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/
6. Creating and adding navigation menu to your blog
To create navigation menu in HubSpot, follow this guide - https://awwaldesign.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000592848-how-to-set-up-your-navigation-menus
7. Setup blog slider
8. Add author information